COVID-19 Communications for Nevada
When COVID-19 hit, Governor Sisolak hastily assembled the Nevada Health Response team to both strategize the COVID response and communicate related information to the public. The team was comprised of leaders from various government departments. When it became clear the pandemic wasn’t going to resolve quickly, and these government workers needed to return full-time to their day jobs, Estipona Group was asked to step in and provide support for Nevada Health Response efforts.
We served as universal support for the Governor’s office and his Nevada Health Response, working closely with quite a statewide coalition, including:
- Governor’s Director Of Communications
- Nevada State Pandemic Response Coordinator
- Immunize Nevada
- Nevada Vaccine Equity Collaborative
- Inter-Tribal Council of Nevada
- Every Nevada health district
- Nevada System of Higher Education
We provided communication, outreach and administrative help as needed. In other words, we did anything and everything to support COVID-19 disease and vaccine communication efforts, including:
- 24/7 pandemic crisis communications
- Press conference support
- Created and promoted Vax Nevada Days
- Developed ADA-compliant collateral material
- Helped orchestrate vaccine clinics on the Strip
- Promoted the State’s Mobile Vaccination Units
- Managed social media
- Developed the #GotVax effort
- Built successful coalitions to successfully perform COVID education and outreach
- Created, branded and promoted Vax Nevada Days in two weeks to drive vaccination.
- The $5 million eight-week promotional giveaway was created though the State in conjunction with the Nevada Gaming Commission and IGT.
- 440,988 COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered in the eight-week promotion period.