Get Ready for the 3rd Annual Estipona Putt-Putt Classic — Now New & Improved!
The Estipona Putt-Putt Classic is just around the corner: May 29, 4:30-7:30 p.m., at Magic Carpet Golf. Here are all the ways this third annual event is all new! And improved, for people who are into that kind of thing.
It is the most anticipated mini-golf tournament of the entire mini-golf season in the entire world.
Ok fine, so maybe we’re making that up: Sure, there’s no “mini-golf season.” Whatever. But we can guarantee this is the most anticipated mini-golf tournament in the history of the world! Also, we’re really good at hyperbole! And exclamation points!
Make your plans now for our 3rd Annual Estipona Putt-Putt Classic, this year with 100% more awesomeness.
What’s contributing to the extra awesomeness, exactly? Well, we have a few exciting changes to announce:
- Yes, the saying goes “the more, the merrier.” But there’s another saying we also enjoy: “Let’s not make everyone stand around waiting for the slow teams to finish up because there are simply too many teams on the golf course who can’t quite get the golf ball inside the hole inside the giant orange pumpkin.” And that’s a quote. So we’ve decided to limit sign-up to the first 36 teams of four this year — you know, to streamline the event. We expect to sell out, so register early and often!
- We have two brand-spanking-new beneficiaries of the charity part of our tournament this year:
- Lexie’s Gift: A non-profit organization that helps the homeless, at-risk teens, various individuals and small local charities that may be struggling to get donations
- Project 150 Reno: A charity focused on providing essential supplies to homeless, displaced and disadvantaged high school students allowing them to focus on education and graduating high school
All proceeds from entry fees, raffle sales and sponsorships will be split equally between these two amazing non-profits, both dedicated to helping at-risk Northern Nevadans.
- We have new and improved sponsorship opportunities as well, ranging from just $225 for a hole sponsorship (which includes the team entry of $150) to $750 for one of our TWO course sponsorships. And better yet: first to become a course sponsor gets dibs on front course or middle course.
- We have a new award! Past years have seen teams named “Dude, Where’s My Par?” and “I Like Big Putts and I Cannot Lie.” In other words, y’all have been so good at coming up with kick-booty names to go with your kick-booty costumes, we decided to add an award category for “Best Team Name.” So get crack-a-lacking on the nomenclature creativity, k? K!
- Be sure to bring money for the super awesome raffle. And this year, if you bring a package of diapers to donate to Women & Children's Center of the Sierra, you'll get an extra raffle ticket! (Did we mention our AWESOME raffle prizes?)
- We have a pretty new logo. Isn’t it shiny?
New and improved, are we right? Oh and also, 9 out of 10 doctors recommend the Estipona Putt-Putt Classic. Honest. (That tenth one? Don’t worry about her; she just doesn’t like fun things.)
Save the date: May 29, 2019, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m, at Magic Carpet Golf. We’ll see you then and there!