Digital Content Manager/Director About the Job The person in this role will be responsible for developing and executing killer ideas (though to be clear, not literally “killer,” as that’s bad for business) for social media content and campaigns, spearheading SEO efforts, managing online spending and evaluating all of the above on behalf of our awesome clients. Are you a fit for this brand new, fresh-from-the-box Estipona Group position? Perhaps. If you can put a check by most of these, then keep reading.
- You thrive in somewhat chaotic environments (the totally fun, creative kind). You are process-driven but don’t necessarily need linear processes, because pretty shiny objects are all around you, and you have mad skillz when it comes to keeping all those balls in the air somewhat effortlessly.
- Social media is your thing. You can’t get enough of it. You’ve probably even checked it at least once while reading this job description, even though we’re only like five sentences in.
- You get a contact high from collaboration.
- You write good (and know what’s bad about this sentence).
- You like the concept of engaging people by turning an idea on its head or doing whatever you can to get a “share,” “like” or comment.
- You don’t need someone to constantly tell you what to do, how to do it or when to do it (because autonomy), but you’re not adverse to collaboration either (GOOOOO team!).
Still with us? Most excellent. OK then, here are the job responsibilities:
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform selection, messaging and audience identification
- Manage, optimize, and report on digital advertising campaigns
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds engagement and expands reach. These unique posts will reside on our client’s social properties on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Snapchat, blogs, websites, etc.
- Write blog content for clients and/or oversee content creators
- Optimize client online content using SEO, SEM, keyword research and planning, design, copy, subject lines, A/B testing etc.
- Create editorial calendars and schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Manage paid campaigns on social sites by promoting content and managing budgets
- Monitor online mentions of a client’s brand, gathering data for online reputation reporting
- Work quickly to craft new content for social media campaigns that require quick turnaround time
- Collaborate with creative team to produce social content
- Think of wicked-awesome, compelling, shareable ideas that will stimulate and disrupt social norms while maintaining the client's brand and tone and voice
- Stay ahead of trending social media outlets and best practices in order to help clients best communicate with audiences, wherever those audiences may be
So what (or should we say, “who”) are we looking for, exactly? Here’s our bottom line:
- Proven work experience in social media or related field
- Insatiable thirst for social media and digital trends
- SEO skill and experience is a key requirement of this position, including keyword campaign research and planning
- Excellent communication, social media writing and editing (photo/video/text) skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and knowledge of social analytic tools
- Knowledge of Photoshop, In Design, 3rd party social management tools, paid advertising, social analysis tools, contest platforms
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels (web, email, social, paid)
- Strategic thinking skills to recommend best courses of action based upon audience data
- Exceptional organizational skills to produce material from multiple sources within tight deadlines.
To qualify for this position, you should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, or similar
- Minimum 2 years SEO experience — including SEO / keyword planning — with demonstrated results
- Previous experience in an editorial or Web-related position
- Google Analytics and traffic / audience behavior analysis
- Extensive social platform experience
- And a partridge in a pear tree
Are you a little flushed right now from the excitement of reading this job description that has you-You-YOU written all over it? Then we are, too. But who are we, exactly? We are a 23-year-old, full-service marketing communications firm. We provide traditional advertising and public relations, social media, digital media and anything and everything else that our clients may need to tell their story to their target audience. When what we do for our clients cannot easily be categorized, we call it whatnot. Hence our tagline: “Communications and whatnot.” (Yeah, now is probably a good time to go take a look-see at our website for more info about us. Please and thank you.) For the past seven years, we have operated as a virtual business, and our team thrives in this environment. We are looking for a teammate who not only can work virtually, but chooses to do so and appreciates the benefits. Our clients range from higher education to healthcare practices, housing authorities to restaurant chains. Full-time benefits:
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bonus structure
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
Interested candidates can forward a resume and portfolio. Go ahead. We double-dog dare you.