We're Hiring a Social Media Manager (CLOSED)

We're Hiring a Social Media Manager (CLOSED)
Nicole Dion
Agency News

This position has been filled

Founded in 1993, Estipona Group is a full-service creative agency. While we’re virtual (we don’t have an office) our team and clients are primarily located in Reno and throughout the state of Nevada. The majority of our clients fall into the health care (with a special focus on the
COVID-19 vaccine!), nonprofit and government sectors.

We’re seeking a talented Social Media Manager (SMM) who is an expert in social media and excited about the prospect of leading our social media efforts and growing the department over time. About 50% of the role will be spent on execution while the other 50% will be managing the Social Media Specialist that will work underneath the SMM.


  • Location: Must live in Reno, NV or within 20 – 40 miles of it
  • Job Type: Full-time
  • Schedule: Monday – Friday, flexible hours but generally 8 am – 5 pm PST
  • Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred but not necessary
  • Experience Level: 3 – 7 years of experience preferred; 2 years required (including internships)


  • Is
    • A self-starter
    • A strategic thinker
    • Energetic
    • Passionate about their craft
    • Interested in leading both their department and the company
  • Has
    • A deep love of using social media as a tool for businesses to engage with new and existing clients / customers
    • Excellent presentation / communication skills
  • Enjoys
    • Creating engaging content and crafting a visual aesthetic for clients
    • Working with creatives (copywriters, graphic designers, videographers / photographers, etc.)
    • Using a variety of social media platforms and tools for fun / personal
    • Learning new things and teaching social media best practices (both internally and externally)
    • Staying up on trends
    • A fast-paced environment
  • Cares about
    • Public Health
    • Diversity, equity, and inclusion
    • Community Engagement


  • Managing and overseeing the work of the Social Media Specialist
    • The SMM would be responsible for 25% of the agency’s social media management. Under them, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for the remaining 75%. Tasks include but are not limited to:
      • Editorial calendar creation and content planning
      • Content creation: Copywriting and graphic development
      • Content posting and scheduling
      • Daily platform monitoring
      • Outbound engagement
      • Social advertising
      • Work with the Digital Specialist & VP of Strategy to review data from social media reporting to identify trends and tailor content to desired audiences
  • Social media strategy and planning
    • The SMM will be responsible for directing (and assisting in writing) this aspect of our proposals and marketing plans
      • Please note: the SMM is not responsible for bringing in business, however, should that happen naturally because they are so excited about what they do and the team they do it with, we offer a commission structure
    • Devising and executing (with the Social Media Specialist, Digital Specialist & VP of Strategy) methods for growing client accounts and meeting client goals/needs
  • Attending internal and external meetings and making presentations to the team and to clients as needed (virtual and in-person)


  • Work from home
  • Equipment
    • MacBook Pro Laptop
    • Monitor
  • Paid time off
    • 2 weeks paid vacation + 1 week for every additional year with the agency
    • 1 week paid sick time
    • 3 floating holidays (essentially, extra days that can be taken whenever)
    • We are closed the week between Christmas & New Year’s every year (with PTO)
  • Insurance
    • 90% of medical/dental/vision insurance is paid for by the company
    • $20k life insurance benefit
    • Disability insurance

Interested applicants, please email resume and cover letter to nicole@estiponagroup.com

Get Updates

Sign up to get the latest updates on the Estiponies, industry news and what not. We promise to be responsible with your information and not sell it off to the dark web.