Amplifying the message of a private/non-proﬁt partnership created to address the Aﬀordable Care Act
- For-proﬁt health insurance brand needed a PR, and social-media rich plan, to communicate beneﬁts.
- National negative climate and attention to Obamacare roll-out had the potential to make the media reluctant to share information with the public.
- Increase enrollment in Access/SMHP programs through communications initiatives.
- Increase knowledge of and positive feelings about SMHP program beneﬁts.
- Communicate to target audiences Access’s established track record of success in getting healthcare to uninsured and underinsured Nevadans.
- Establish Access & SMHP representatives as resources for journalists and lawmakers on topics like the Aﬀordable Care Act and health insurance in general.
Leverage relationship/partnership with non-proﬁt Access to Healthcare as vehicle to spread targeted messages through the traditional and social media venues.
Media Relations Traditional & Social:
- Development of timely stories, followed by the drafting and distribution of various press releases tailored to timely national/regional news coverage, surveys, etc.
- Utilize already developed media relationships
- Research of national trends, local data collection and demographic analysis.
- Consultation with existing employees tasked with social media posting to spread targeted messages.
Communication Training and Public Presentations:
- Conduct comprehensive media training for both organizations — Access and SMHP — in an eﬀort to elevate organization leadership as brand ambassadors.
- Pitch availability of Access and SMHP leadership as experts on topics like “The Changing Healthcare Landscape” to non-proﬁts and community assistance programs, workforce transition programs and service organizations.
- Development and implementation of an “Access to Healthcare Open House” plan.
- Newsletter updates with local non-proﬁt foundations and community organizations that serve low- to moderate-income Nevadans.
- Place Access/SMHP reps at local community events like Pumpkinpalooza and the REMSA ﬂu shot clinic.
- During the current enrollment period, SMHP has captured 50% of the local market share and 14% of the statewide sign-ups, with more than 40% of their new applications coming through Access to Healthcare.
- C-SPAN interview with Access VP Niki King.
- KTVN Face the State interview – during early days of open enrollment and a subsequent second episode.
- KRNV interview with Access in early days of Obamacare roll-out.
- Lotus Radio public aﬀairs show to remind people they still have time to sign up.
- Reno Media Group public aﬀairs show to remind people they still have time to sign up.
- Nevada Matters interview.
- Open House Facebook shares (reaching 20,248 people in ﬁve days).
- Entravision Hispanic radio interview.
- RENO Magazine interview with the CEO of Access, with questions/answers that reﬂect the RENO Mag demographic.
- El Sol editorial coverage – series of articles ghostwritten by Estipona Group on behalf of Access.