- Grow orchestra audience by recruiting CANA (Culturally Aware Non-Attender) – those with the means and inclination to attend, but not the impetus.
- Lots of competing entertainment options.
- Orchestra often perceived as high brow, intimidating, expensive.
- Promote performances in a fun, familiar, approachable way.
- Offer 50% discount for early season subscriptions to overcome price barrier issue.
- Promote discounted ticket rush line for CANAs afraid of commitment.
- Enlist core audience members to act as brand ambassadors and promote attendance with peers.
- Single ticket sales–the focus of the marketing–up 28%, single ticket revenue up 34%.
- New season subscriptions up 3%.
- Ongoing accolades for the marketing effort from members of the public, orchestra players and symphonies from around the country.
- Campaign won six Gold ADDY Awards, the Judge’s Choice for Art Direction, and three Silver ADDY Awards in local advertising competition and three Silver ADDYs in regional competition.