About the Job
The person in this role will be responsible for developing and executing killer ideas (though to be clear, not literally “killer,” as that’s bad for business) for digital content including social media campaigns. They will also develop digital strategy, manage digital media buys and evaluate metrics for all of the above on behalf of our super-spectacular clients.
Is this you?
- You thrive in somewhat chaotic environments (the totally fun, creative kind). You are process-driven but don’t necessarily need linear processes, because pretty shiny objects are all around you, and you have mad skillz when it comes to keeping all those balls in the air somewhat effortlessly.
- Social media is your thing. You can’t get enough of it. You’ve probably even checked it at least once while reading this job description, even though we’re only like seven sentences in.
- You write good (and know what’s bad about this sentence).
- You take pride in the content you create and post on the interwebs. You craft it carefully to ensure it’s visually appealing and elicits a response.
- You like the concept of engaging people by turning an idea on its head and feel ALIVE when you get a “share,” “like” or comment.
- You don’t need someone to constantly tell you what to do, how to do it or when to do it (because autonomy), but you’re not adverse to collaboration either (GOOOOO team!).
Still with us? Most excellent. OK then, here are the job responsibilities:
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform selection, messaging and audience identification
- Think of wicked-powerful, compelling, shareable ideas that will stimulate and disrupt social norms while maintaining the client's brand, tone and voice
- Stay ahead of trending social media outlets and best practices in order to help clients best communicate with audiences, wherever those audiences may be
- MANAGE / MONITOR
- Manage, optimize, and report on digital campaigns
- Monitor online mentions of a client’s brand, gather data for online reputation reporting
- Work with the AEs to manage client digital spend and execute accordingly
- CREATE CONTENT
- Collaborate with the creative team to generate, edit, publish content (original text, images, video, etc) that builds engagement and expands reach for each client. These unique posts will reside on our client’s digital platforms including (but not limited to) website / blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Work quickly to craft new content for social media campaigns that require quick turnaround time
- Continuously improve our client’s online presence by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
To qualify for this position, you should have the following:
- Minimum 2 years of strategic communication experience
- Proficient with Google Analytics and traffic / audience behavior metrics
- Extensive business-related social media experience across multiple platforms
- A partridge in a pear tree
Are you a little flushed right now from the excitement of reading this job description that has you-You-YOU written all over it? Then we are, too.
But who are we, exactly?
We are a 25-year-old, full-service creative agency. We provide traditional advertising and public relations, social media, digital media and anything and everything else that our clients may need to tell their story to their target audience. When what we do for our clients cannot easily be categorized, we call it whatnot.
For the past nine years, we have operated as a virtual business, and our team thrives in this environment. We are looking for a teammate who not only can work virtually, but chooses to do so and appreciates the benefits.
We have local, regional and national clients that include higher education, work-force development, healthcare practices, nonprofit health organizations and government housing agencies.
- 2 weeks paid vacation + 1 week for every additional year you've been with the firm
- 1 week paid sick time
- 95% of your medical/dental/vision insurance is paid for by the company
Interested candidates can forward a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Go ahead. We double-dog dare you.